Monday, February 23, 2009

Bean Around the World on Mainland

Found on one of Yaletown's more boutique ridden streets is a comfortably reliable Bean Around the World. There you can get a pastry, a sandwich or a latte, and while neither may be exceptional you can rely on the fact whatever you eat will be both good (to average) and decently priced. Not to mention you can expect a laid back quasi artsy chic environment that is easy to relax in.

I had to pop out to grab something for lunch today, so Bean was a logical choice for one who can't stand the more trendy places that Yaletown has to offer, and is morally opposed to paying $10 for a sandwich. There is no way I am paying that much unless the bread really WAS the body of Christ. Ha!

At a reasonably proceed $5.50 the Tandoori Chicken Wrap seemed the best choice as most everything else on the menu contained dairy in one way or another (they loose big points for having no vegan items on the menu whatsoever. Even the Samosas had egg in the pastry).
They had the grilling technique down pat, and I bit into a perfectly crispy wrap to a delightfully warm filling. Just the right amount of rice, and a decent amount of ground chicken. While I remain uncertain as to the vegetable content (I guess this could be a piece of carrot?), the chutney was lightly spiced and made a delicious sweet pairing. What kind of Tandoori the chef had been eating, god only knows and I think this wrap would have been more aptly named "Slightly Curried" or my personal favorite "Weakly Curried for White People Who Cry at the Sight of Hot Sauce". Heh.

The wrap is a fair size, and would satisfy the very hungry. I had about 1/3 left when I was finished, it made a nice snack later on.

A few muffin and chocolate loaf samples for desert and I was ready for work again.
This is decent stop for hungry shoppers, and I give the place one bunch of coriander up.

No comments:

Post a Comment