Saturday, February 28, 2009

Dissapointment With Every Turn

Decided to got check out an old Kits staple for brunch: Las Margaritas. (on West 4th and Yew?) I am sure this place has been around since the dawn of time, so I won't go into too much detail about the aesthetics.

They had Huevos Rancheros listed at a very reasonable $7.75. This dish is one of my all time favorites, and a word to the previously drunk, the best hang-over food evah.

Sadly, for some ungodly reason Las Margaritas chose to serve the dish traditional style vs. the more popular way of scrambling the eggs with salsa and tortillas, without a disclaimer on the menu. Oh my fucking god. It looked as though someone who had been drinking tequila all night managed to throw up AND take a shit on my plate. A puddle of what I hoped was re fried beans to the right of the plate, a pile of Spanish rice to the left, and what were supposed to be eggs coagulating on top of a corn tortilla. Sprinkled with a mystery brown substance that resembled something my dog would leave on the carpet if he left alone too long, these eggs were so runny they barely qualified as "sunny side up".

SEND THAT SHIT BACK!

When the plate finally came back (it took so long my brunch date had finished their meal by the time it had arrived) the eggs were scrambled and COLD. All of the food was very bland, and I have to say I was very disappointed. For a restaurant that is supposed to have a good reputation, has apparently won awards and has been around so long, this meal was pitiful.

Two tamales down for the crappy cantina.

No comments:

Post a Comment